Palacio Sabugosa

Portugal

Also known as the Palace of the Counts of São Lourenço or of the Caesars, the palace was built in the early 16th century.

In the 18th century, during the lifetime of Vasco César de Meneses, Viceroy of India and Brazil, who in 1729 received the title of Count of Sabugosa, the building underwent major improvements and in the 19th-century renovations the old courtyard of the palace was closed and transformed into a library.

From the end of the 18th century to the beginning of the following century, it was the famous dining room with oil paintings on stucco, with strong similarities to the well-known room of the Palácio do Ramalhão and another also with decoration imitating forest in the palace of the Marquises of Xabregas in Lisbon.

Upcoming concerts

coming soon